Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On Facebook Reconnections

Many times I do see the cons of too much technology, your life gets sucked in, your eyesight gets worse, your forearms/wrist hurt from repetitive strain injury (I may be guilty to all of the above.) But there are also the wonderful pros to technology. And Facebook. One of the things I love about Facebook is that I get to get in touch with old friends and family from around the world.

Case in point:

Jennifer was our dear friend whose family migrated to Hawaii shortly before the sixth grade. Back then, we had no internet, no way of communicating, we didn't even get to say goodbye to her. We had no forwarding address, no number. My friends and I were very saddened at her departure and just hoped that we'd see her again someday.

Fast forward 17 years later and here I am, having lunch with Jennifer and our other classmate, Melissa, in San Francisco! We got to meet her husband and her two adorable kids, catch up on the last 17 years and talk about marriage! (Sometimes the fact of marriage still amazes me.) We had awesome time and lunch was over before we knew it.

L-R Melissa, Jennifer, Me

I've got other stories too and I do think that Facebook is awesome in the getting/keeping in touch aspect. Now if only we could get a whole class reunion organized!

P.S. This was the same day I went to Fabmo, this awesome organization that give fabric and all this other stuff away for free! See my FabMo post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin